Monday, November 06, 2006

Update on racial slur incident

Just want to update on the racial abuse incidence - I have since spoken with the manager of the team concerned - the player in questioned had already been reprimanded by the team itself, banning him from the team altogether - which again, is condonable and which pleases me immensely. The player was a new player to our league, which is no excuse, but which means I would like to allow him a chance to redeem himself... I stated the reasons in the blog below.

The result is that I have set a 4 week ban (obviously, the next false step would ban him for good), and asked that he apologies in writing to the referee as well as in person. The manager himself would like the latter to take place. I hope the player will play ball if you pardon the pun.

I hope you will accept my decision.

And thank you to the manager for his help and support in this matter.

No comments: