Sunday, October 12, 2008

12th October - League Fixture Number Quattro




I know its getting repetitive, but just trying to keep the sunny scenario going - last Sunday was particularly orgasmic - warm (!), blue sky, and plentiful sun with only one complaint.. it was too darn bright !  Anyway, weather stuff over, moving on..

Scores:
Barnes 4 Hendrix 2
Bob 0 Loko 2
WKK 3  Celtic 0
Lisbarnes 4 madras 2
Bloods 8 Groovers 1

Thanks for the call to let me know no refs had turned up for any game - could you please (if anyone does call about refs) in future, call me back or text me to confirm any changes to your statements ! It was a welcome relief to see, when I got to the Elms, slightly pissed off the agency were not answering my calls about the ref situation, that all refs had actually turned up - possibly 5mns late..?   I could relax and enjoy the rest of the sunny day.  Sounding like a bloody novel this..  

Anyway, I got my 35 mns of football, playing for Loko (first 11-a-side game this season), and duly obliged, with a sweet first time cross into the box that fell sweetly and exactly for Roger to head it home for the 1st goal of the match - have to say, on a personal note, felt nice to see my crossing is still there !  Thank you to Loko and to Dale for the outing.

I also had the pleasure to watch the pm game between Groovers and Bloods - always a tantalising affair full of "whats gonna happen this time!", but, as both managers have stated many times since the beginning of the new season, they are looking to stamp out all backchat, and, as it turned out, thats pretty much what happened - much healthier game of football, and more enjoyable for all parties involved - well done Said, Michael & Saf (still dunno how to spell your name dude!).   And more importantly - thank you. 

On another note, we have reached the 100 goals in the league - 101 to be exact or 123 counting the cup competition.    Hendrix are now the only team with 0 points since Loko got off the mark (hey Hendrix, if you need me to cross a few balls..) - pressure is on for you guys to get off that 0.    WKK and Lisbarnes are still tied though goal difference is in Lisb's favour.

Starting to think I'm writing too much, so I'll stop there - am sure you all have much better things to do than to read my scribblings.  Laters..  cup week next weekend.

No comments: