Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sunday 29th October - League games

Bloody typical - u go away for a weekend, and the agency contacts you last minute with news that 2 referees cannot make the games.. anger is not the only word that comes to mind.. so, I apologise to Celtic, Wkk, Auckland and Groovers for not having any referees; and I thank those who took on the responsibility of reffing.. I know what a thankless task it can be. Obviously, had I been there, I would have taken on the task of reffing one of those games. Last thanks goes to Doz for taking on the task of organising the new refs !..

The results this week were:

Celtic 3 Wkk 2
Barnes 1 Nellie's 2
Auckland 3 Groovers 3
Uncle Bob 10 Hendrix 2
Madras 1 Loko 0

Big score line for the Bobs.. although it sounds like Hendrix played well.. and good result for Madras vs Loko... Nellie's have their 1st win in their 1st season at Barnesalona... Wkk lost an important game that could prove the final nail for any league winner contention... Groovers with a good draw against Auckland... Celtic and Bob still neck a neck on points.. only goal difference separates them..

Some not so good news was that Allan from Barnes FC broke his jaw, colliding with one his teammates, whilst looking to clear the ball. I am sure you will join me in sending him best wishes and a speedy recovery. I believe he is being operated on today (Tuesday) and will be in hospital for the next few days - I will give updates when I hear anything.

As you know, I was away this weekend in Barcelona - a very beautiful city that transcends an aura of creativity to those who frequent its bustling streets.. and some chap called Gaudi sure left an interesting legacy of architecture that is well worth the plane fare to check it out.

Poor chap was killed by falling onto train tracks whilst walking backwards, checking out his creation being built.. moral..? Perhaps something like.. don't always look forward whilst walking backwards... mmm.




Oh.. and Happy Halloween.









No comments: