Monday, November 06, 2006

5th November 2006 - Cup Games

A beautiful day for football - fresh breeze, bright sun and blue skies.. stained by a couple of incidents I personally HATE to hear of.

The 1st : a punch to the head of a player lying on the ground - I was glad to hear that the team itself took it upon themselves to ban their own player for 2 matches. There was no need for me to do so. Well done that team.

The 2nd: racial abuse towards a referee - I only heard of this after speaking with the referee agency last night, and so do not know who this individual is.. I will need to find this player, ban him, and ask him to apologise to the referee. Whoever you are, you have been warned.


Racism will not be tolerated - not in my time, not in my league. It is the second time I see a reference to racism this season - I dealt with the first one my way. The FA ban players for life for any racial abuse; I take another stance, as I believe in people learning from life, from mistakes (I am probably completely wrong in this statement, but like to give people a chance to reflect, and realise implications, etc..). We are all the same, we are all adults - no one and I mean no one is better than anyone else - I can't stand the arrogance of some people in resorting to racial undertones - I feel sorry for them; we are playing football; we are given the chance to play in a league that hopes to make football competitive but FRIENDLY. It upsets me when the opposite occurs.. and saddens me. Don't people understand that we all belong to one club, we all have the same home pitches, the same dressing rooms, the same club house - why do we have to resort to selfish bullshit. I hope you will all talk amonst yourselves and help improve the club for what is should represent to all of you.

OK... scores for this Cup week are:

Auckland 0 Nellie's 2
Groovers 0 Bob 7
Madras 0 WKK 2
Loko 1 Barnes 3

I don't feel like making any comments on the scores - the above 2 issues having left a sour taste in my mouth..

To end on a positive note, its was good to see Allan from Barnes FC back at the Club house, looking good after his operation on his broken jaw - well done on a good and quick recovery! And hope to see you back on the pitch.. in your own time !

No comments: