Monday, December 04, 2006

More rain but still they played..

Weather was ok throughout the week - things were looking good. And then.. an ever so slight deterioration on the Saturday night through to the morning, where ridiculous rains and heavy heavy winds took it upon themselves to appear.. which prompted my first call of the day at 8h30 am (lets not mention the text received the day before..). And then, they stopped.. blue skies appeared.. the wind dissapeared... maybe the games will go on..
I managed to get there for 10am - pitches looked ok considering, and more importantly, all teams seemed to be ready to play.. relief on my part.. no need to extend the season ! Go go go.
And then, I was invited to play for Loko who only had 10 men.. should I? shouldn't I? The call of the muddy pastures beckoned, the round circular ball lured me in, the dream of playing with 10 others, the... sod the knee.. lets play. And so I did. Without getting too detailed, there were times when I stopped in my tracks after an accomplished pass here and there.. thinking christ I can still do things ! Thank you for the opportunity. Making me more determined to sort my knee out.. maybe I'll be ready for tail end of the season.. enough about me. Sorry, just got excited at the idea of playing footy again !

Results this week were:
Loko 3 Bob 2
Barnes 8 Hendrix 2
WKK 2 Groovers 1
Celtic 3 Madras 0
Auckland 6 Cosmopolitan** 2
** reminder these were Nellie's.

Uncle Bob lost their first game of the season.. wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I played... mmmm... naahh. Meaning both Celtic and Bob have the same number of points (Celtic, you can thank me later), with Bob just ahead on goal difference. Then, we have Madras, 5 points behind, followed by a possy of teams looking to secure at least 3rd place (Loko, Hendrix, WKK, Auckland), with Barnes just behind the possy, and finally Cosmopolitan, and the Groovers at the bottom end of the table.

We also had our first Managers Meeting which went very well, lots of positives, decisions taken, points discussed, etc.. and am glad to hear that all are happy to make these a regular monthly occurence. I can only see positives on all domains with these meetings taking place. Lets look to keep it up.

Right, I think I've waffled way too much, too long, too etc.. so I'll shut up now. Have a good week.

No comments: